Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

no hebrew compact or t9 support

rsagi
no hebrew compact or t9 support - can i operate compact or t9 skin with hebrew?
cyril Developer
So far nobody (else) asked for this, but it could be added of course if people need it
rsagi
cyril wrote:So far nobody (else) asked for this, but it could be added of course if people need it
this is an amazing keyboard - would love to have Hebrew on it...
cyril Developer
I can see how to make a compact layout, but what is the standard T9 layout for Hebrew?
aricher
cyril wrote:I can see how to make a compact layout, but what is the standard T9 layout for Hebrew?
  • 1 Punctuation
  • 2 Dalet, Hey, Vav
  • 3 Alef, Bet, Gimel
  • 4 Mem (ending), Nun (ending)
  • 5 Yud, Caf (ending), Lamed
  • 6 Zain, Chet, Tet
  • 7 Resh, Shin, Tav
  • 8 Tzadi (ending), Kuf
  • 9 Samech, Ain, Pey (ending)
cyril Developer
Thanks
Can you clarify how key 4 works, for instance, if you want to type a final Mem or a final Nun? (do you press 3 times, or long press?)
cyril Developer
I added compact and T9 in the latest beta.
As I don't know how final letters are supposed to be handled in T9 (when prediction is disabled), I made the assumption that if you press once you get the initial letter, and if you press twice you get the final letters. Let me know if it should work another way.
aricher
cyril wrote:I added compact and T9 in the latest beta.
As I don't know how final letters are supposed to be handled in T9 (when prediction is disabled), I made the assumption that if you press once you get the initial letter, and if you press twice you get the final letters. Let me know if it should work another way.
Right, sequential presses for letters, long press for digit. Lot of thanks! Going to try.
Great work! Although letters are in reversed order and no dot (I think add it to comma and put in first place in punctuation) Thank you for your quick response. Smart Keyboard is best international keyboard I've tried.
cyril Developer
aricher wrote:Although letters are in reversed order
I guess you mean they are reversed in the key label? In that case, it would be (yet another) RTL bug in your version of Android. In CyanogenMod keys are displayed correctly.
and no dot (I think add it to comma and put in first place in punctuation)
I changed the punctuation order. Also note that you can double press space to insert a dot.
aricher
I guess you mean they are reversed in the key label?
Yes
In that case, it would be (yet another) RTL bug in your version of Android. In CyanogenMod keys are displayed correctly.
Maybe. So, it OK. Thank you for your work, I guess, it will be useful for some people.
I changed the punctuation order. Also note that you can double press space to insert a dot.
I've forgotten this option :)