Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Auto-Capitalize not effective after multiple periods

London
Running Android 2.1 and SK-PRO v. 3.13.0, Danish.

With auto-capitalize checked multiple periods (ie. ".." and "..." etc.) does not result in the following word being spelled with a capital letter.

Using exclamation marks it works. It would be very nice if this could be fixed.
cyril Developer
Hello
It's not a bug, it's a feature ;) I don't know Danish grammar, but at least in English and French, a capital letter is not required after an ellipsis, it only depends on the context. You can perfectly use an ellipsis inside a sentence, and in that case having the keyboard auto-capitalize would be a bit painful.
London
Ah, alright. I see. Is there some command so I can make it auto-cap with the auto-replace feature?
cyril Developer
Well, no... some development would be required to get this feature
London
Well, unless I add "... a" --> "... A" etc. for all, i suppose. I use multiple periods quite a lot, so it might just be worth it!
cyril Developer
No, actually you can't do this, as period is a word separator, you cannot use it in a shortcut
London
:(

If this feature could be made a choice rather than mandatory it would improve the usefulness for, well, at least me. I hope you will consider it.

Best,
London