Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

FC when restoring

olta777
When I try to restore my settings, skp fcs ... also when I try to select it as input method. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Not sure what the issue is. Have a samsung fascinate, running 2.2. Please help. Thank you.
cyril Developer
Hello
I cannot help without your phone logs. Please install "Log Collector" and send your logs to smartkeyboard at dexilog.com just after a FC. Thanks
cyril Developer
I can see this error:
W/System.err( 4670): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/sdcard/smartkeyboard/backup.zip (No such file or directory)
Which means:
1) that you tried a "restore from trial"; is it really what you wanted?
2) that you didn't save the settings from the trial version, as there no file "smartkeyboard/backup.zip" on your SD card
olta777
I tried to restore from regular first...tried on a few different roms, after a wipe, after Odin...so my phone was clean. All these times the restore fcd smart keyboard pro. So then I tried to restore from trial, just because at this point I was ready to try anything. Restore still failed, so I had to redo my settings from scratch and am rebuilding my dictionary. Not sure what the issue is because my backup.zip is still there.
cyril Developer
Then can you check if you have a /mnt/sdcard directory? Normally, /sdcard is a symbolic link to /mnt/sdcard, but if you play with ROMs, there may be some issue here
olta777
I also was looking at other bug threads and someone else was having exact same issue and were able to replicate it each time. Hope that may help solve the issue or at least clear it up. :)
olta777
I am still hoping there is a possible fix for fcs......
cyril Developer
No clue at the moment... if the error is
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/sdcard/smartkeyboard/backup.zip (No such file or directory)
and you tell me the file exists, not sure how I can fix