Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Switching voice input language

matlock
Hey!
Back in the days voice input language changed with the keyboard layout. In other words if I had my Norwegian layout and did the gesture to speech to text the phone would interpret it in English and if I switched layout to Russian it would interpret it in Russian. Now it doesnt work that way anymore and it makes me a sad panda. Im quite sure that the way the voice input behave changed after the update of Google Voice Search a few months ago. I thought I'd bring this up so you would be aware of that problem. And it would be super cool if you could fix it.

Thank you, panda
cyril Developer
Hello
I cannot fix it if the problem comes from Google Voice search (and I didn't change anything in Smart Keyboard). Note that you need to leave the voice input language to "Default" in your global voice settings, if you set it to something else, this language will always be used.
matlock
That's alright. Setting it to the default or not doesn't seem to make any difference. Maybe Google will fix it some day.

Thanks for the reply and the keyboard