Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Long press T9 button to disable/enable T9

ADTC
I use Smart Keyboard Pro in T9 mode and sometimes I accidentally tap the green T9 button off and not realize this until after I tried to type something and I find it behaving like multi-tap.

I suggest that an option called "Long tap T9 button" should be provided under General Settings. As the name says, enabling this option should make the green T9 button turn on or off only when the button is longpressed by the user.

You could extend this to XT9 and other dictionary on/off buttons as well.
ADTC
As a paying Smart Keyboard Pro customer, I expected at least a little attention from the developer. But after 110 views during the past few months, this post remains unanswered.

And the annoying problem of T9 button accidentally being switched off by a short tap continues to plague me :cry:

EDIT: Just started using the Language button. Need more features for it, including long top option.
ADTC
Really? How hard is it to implement an option in the Settings page and change the T9 button to respond only to long presses? :roll: