Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Help, please! Backup and restore

FurtadoCoelho22
Hi everyone,

I really love smart keyboard, and it's the best keyboard in the market in my opinion.
However, I have a problem that it's freaking me out.
Today I've installed a new ROM on my android, and as always, I've made a backup of smart keyboard. But when now I tried to restore, apparently it does nothing. My user dictionary it was all gone, and I'm pretty sure that the backup file is'nt broken.
I'm using the trial version, Android 2.2 and my phone is the ZTE Blade, if this matters.
I hope someone could help me.
OldDogEyes
Well, first of all, you didn't say what phone, which rom and what version of Android. That info might be important.

I know that on my rooted Nook Color, I had to manually move SKP's .APK file from one directory to another to enable it in the first place. So, given that you say you aren't able to restore, I'm guessing that you ARE able to get into SKP since the rom was installed. Do you know if the .apk file is in the /system/apps folder? I believe that's where it needs to be, not in the /data/apps folder.

Doug
FurtadoCoelho22
I don't believe that the problem it's that. I discovered a thing that might be important. I can restore all settings and user dictionary in Cyanogen Mod 7 rom, that runs the 2.3 version of Android. Unfortunately, this rom is very unstable and I'm forced to use a 2.2 rom. And that's the problem. Right now i can't restore anything and I need my user dictionary back :s
cyril Developer
Try to check your phone logs when you do the restore, you may see an error. The problem must come from your ROM, as the restore option just extracts the zip file from the SD card and copy files to the correct location (somewhere in /data/data/net.cdeguet.smartkeyboard)