Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Trouble using with HTC magic

vaughan16
I just downloaded the Smart keyboard app for my HTC magic. I am aware how it said i need android v2.0 for the multitouch. I thought maybe it might still work so . I checked off the box so "smart keyboard pro" is on in the Settings(Locale & Text) but it still doesn't work. Is this because I am on android v1.5? I figured that was the reason so now I am now trying to find a way to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0. Anybody have some advice?

If anybody has any experience with the HTC magic(Rogers) and know if it is possible to upgrade to android 2.0 could they let me know so i don't waste my time trying to make it work, haha. Thanks.
cyril Developer
Hi
you checked "smart keyboard pro" in the settings, but did you change the input method afterwards ?

(cf the FAQ:

How to install the keyboard?

Go to "Language and keyboard" settings, and check the "Smart Keyboard" (or "Smart Keyboard Pro") box. Then chose "Smart Keyboard (Pro)" in the "Input method" dialog, which is accessible in the menu which appears after a long press in any text input box. There is no "Open" option when you download the application, it's normal! )
vaughan16
wow that was easy enough. thanks a lot! Sorry i'm new with this phone and buying apps, haha. I love the keyboard too!