Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Way to "preview" keyboard with options selected

OldDogEyes
Whenever I change options in SKP, I have to get out, open Gmail (or something else), and start to enter a message/email to be able to play around with the keyboard now that my changes are made. Then I have to go back into the settings, change something else, and repeat.

It would be great if there was a "hot key" command while in settings that popped up a dummy notepad application with the keyboard open allowing you to play around with the keyboard with the settings you must made. Then once finished, some "hot key" or keystroke takes you back to the settings.

And if the idea of a hot key doesn't seem ideal, what about a gesture specific to setup for launching the dummy notepad?

I realize this may seem complicated, but trust me, if implemented properly this will be a huge improvement!

Thanks,
Doug