Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

What determines when the 'next' key is present?

OldDogEyes
Sometimes SKP has a 'next key' present on the English keyboard (similar in function to a tab key - goes to the next field) and most of the time it doesn't.

For example, in the mail app, when I'm entering an email address in the "to" field, I have an enter key. Then when I get to the subject line, I have a "next" key instead of an enter key.

So when I'm entering a username, having a key to jump to the next field (password) is very helpful. But this key doesn't seem to be predictable. What controls when it is present? Is there a toggle to force it on all the time?

Thanks...
Doug
cyril Developer
The keyboard doesn't decide this on its own, this is controled by the app in which the keyboard is used (so there is no generic answer, it depends on the app)
OldDogEyes
cyril wrote:The keyboard doesn't decide this on its own, this is controled by the app in which the keyboard is used (so there is no generic answer, it depends on the app)
Would it possible to create a setting to "toggle" this feature and "force it" to stay on? I would love to have a next key all the time... Essentially it acts like a TAB key on a PC keyboard, right?

Thanks,
Doug
cyril Developer
No, as I said, the behavior of the enter key is determined by the app requesting to open the keyboard, so it's not possible to change it.
walter80
Thanks, I've been wondering about this too.