Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Japanese search in Google maps

Rothko
When typing a message in Japanese I can easily select the kanji for onsen from the hiragana eg おんせん-温泉 (a hot spring) but if I try to search for onsen on Google maps it only gives me the option to select place names that contain the word 温泉 rather than allowing me to search for nearby hot springs. This is a problem whatever you search for in Japanese on Google maps and so currently renders this keyboard near useless for map searches. (Very nice for messages though:-) )
Is this a setting I have wrongly set? I hope so.
Thank you .