Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Please add accent characters like öüı to the Turkish layout

proym
Please add accent characters like öüı to the Turkish layout as independent characters, not alternative characters.

They are commonly used in our language and it wastes too much time to long-press to write them.
cyril Developer
I agree to split i and ı as there is still room for one extra key, but for the other letters it will be a bit more difficult...
You can test this in the latest beta
giskaard
Cyril I have asked for setting the soft letters as long press defaults in Turkish layout nearly a year ago and you had said you will look into it and maybe make it an option. Inclusion i an ı keys is certainly a step in the right direction but what I am suggesting is a blanket improvement and not hard to implement either, and it will effect only the keys that have soft letters. Please do implement this, itll make our lives 10 times easier typng in Turkish.
cyril Developer
I'm not saying this change is difficult, I'm saying that making it optional is difficult (and it HAS to be an option) if I have to do this for the dozens of languages supported by Smart Keyboard. But I have an idea about how it could be implemented in a clean way, and it has now a high priority in the TODO list
giskaard
Thanks Cyril, Ill look forward to the update
cyril Developer
It's already done for Turkish. Have you checked this topic?
giskaard
Thanks Cyril its working well in the beta, maden text predlction a lot better
giskaard
Do I have to use the beta or is it incorporated into STD build
cyril Developer
This version is now on the market