Sorry if this has been covered - I couldn't find anything in a search.
I use the abbreviations i.e. ("in other words") and e.g. ("for example") quite a bit. These can be a pain to enter because the auto capitalization wants to capitalize the letter i and the letter after the period. I made a custom auto text so that eg -> e.g. I did the same to make ie -> i.e.
The "eg" custom autotext works but the ie just gives me "ie" not "i.e." Any idea why this is happening? I'm using the standard English keyboard. For now I've solved it by defining "q" as "i.e." and it works. Just curious why "ie" doesn't.
I use the abbreviations i.e. ("in other words") and e.g. ("for example") quite a bit. These can be a pain to enter because the auto capitalization wants to capitalize the letter i and the letter after the period. I made a custom auto text so that eg -> e.g. I did the same to make ie -> i.e.
The "eg" custom autotext works but the ie just gives me "ie" not "i.e." Any idea why this is happening? I'm using the standard English keyboard. For now I've solved it by defining "q" as "i.e." and it works. Just curious why "ie" doesn't.