Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Force close after every reboot

23skidoo
Every time I reboot, I get a fc message from SKP. I have to reinstall each time, then restore the settings. Occasionally, it will randomly fc during the evening too. The real issue started right after the latest OTA update (in late November?), and until about 5 updates ago, I was unable to even use SKP. I've emailed a copy of the log file. Thank you :)
cyril Developer
As replied by mail, the problem is that the native libraries are missing, which is a symptom of wrong installation. Try to uninstall / reinstall, and make sure you didn't install the app on the SD card.
23skidoo
Thank you for your reply. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall and uninstall/reboot/reinstall a few times before. I just tried clear data/uninstall/shut down & pull battery/reinstall directly from the market. It made SKP completely unusable due to constant fc. I keep a copy of the latest apk in a folder that's quick to get to with root explorer and reinstall manually after every reboot. It allows the keyboard to work properly, until I reboot again. And I've found this was the only way it will work after the latest uninstall/reinstall l.