Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Missing word but

staffsmatt
Hi,
The word but seems to be missing fromthe dictionary, it is not shown as a possible word in the auto complete bar (this only ocurs when using the compact qwerty layout and happens even if the word is manually entered into the user dictionary. (but appears to the left of the default word, clicking on this to enter it does not allow it to show next time either).

Thanks

edit: Sorry should have siad this is with English language installed.
cyril Developer
Hi
If "but" was really missing from the dictionary, it would have been noticed before ;)
There must be something very specific in your configuration explanining your problem, but I cannot see what... So what do you see in the suggestion bar when you type "but" in compact mode?
staffsmatt
Hi, appologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Yes I guess it would have been really wouln't it! Right, when I type bn > ui > ty and the first letter of the word is capitalised I get the options:

But bit (highlighted) but buy nut etc...

If I type bn > ui > ty when the first letter of the word is not capitalised I get:

but (to the left of the highlighted word as if it's a collection of letters that are not recognised) bit (highlighted) buy nut nit burton etc...

No matter how many times I select the "but" it never becomes the default selection (and it still doesn't if I add it to the dictionnary).

Thanks
staffsmatt
Aha! Found the "proper" way of adding a word to the dictionary in another post and that seems to have solved it!

Thanks again for your quick responce.