Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
it seems liek the multi touch is a bit off on the nexus one with this keyboard...
if i have 1 key pressed, and i push another, it pushes a different key entirely... it looks like its keeping the Y coordinate of the first key i pressed and using the correct X coordinate for the 2nd key... so it pushes the wrong key..
i know my multi touch is fine cuz i tested with the multi touch visualizer in the market
Hi
this subject has already been discussed several times, and actually that's what I noticed on my developing phone (HTC Hero). Maybe this "multitouch visualizer" (i will try it) has some workarounds to this problem, but from what I can see, there is a low level bug somewhere (screen or driver) which causes the android framework to report wrong touch events to the application (as you said, it mixes the coordinates of the two fingers).
I've also noticed this issue...it's very annoying! I think this is the reason I'm so bad at typing on the Nexus, compared to the iPhone. Please, if you can figure out a workaround for this bug, it would improve usability on the Nexus.
I will check that when I finally get my N1

I may add an option to use a "weak" multitouch mode for buggy screens
I found it I use the iphone skin, it gives my sausage fingers better responce with the nexus one