Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Combined Dictionary

splitbrain
Hi,

I absolutely love the Smart Keyboard and recently bought the full version. But there's one feature I'm missing...

I'm constantly switching between English and German, but I always use the German keyboard (thanks for having that option BTW). It would be absolutely great if I could have a dictionary that simply has both - German *and* English terms in it. This would allow me to get rid of the language button and more important, I wouldn't need to constantly switch between languages just to have sensible predictions.

I guess it should be relatively easy for you guys to combine the dictionaries of any two supported languages and offer custom packages. Hell, I'd even pay for that.
tmiv44
I know on my Thunderbolt's Stock Keyboard there is a feature to enable a 2nd language.

Peace,
-Tm
splitbrain
tmiv44 wrote:I know on my Thunderbolt's Stock Keyboard there is a feature to enable a 2nd language.
I know that I can enable a second language. But that just populates the options available on the language button. You still have to switch. I want just *one* language that uses predictions from two languages.
splitbrain
Any chance to get an official reply? Is this something you (Dexilog) could do?
lac
I'd pay for this too. I'd also pay for a way to add my name to the dictionary, because I type that a lot.
cyril Developer
In theory that's possible but it raises subtle problems, so it's not that easy to implement.
I'd also pay for a way to add my name to the dictionary, because I type that a lot.
I don't really understand this one... What prevents you from adding your name to your user dictionary, or even better, create an AutoText shortcut?
lac
This was just a problem in my understanding of how the user dictionary works. Sorry about that.