Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

landskape in archos 70 broken

kamerunka
Hello, l was using skb pro for several months w/o prolems,
but after the last update, there is a problem with landskape on my archos 70
this device does not have any hardware keys and small portion on the right side is used to display back/menu/home/search keys. That's why the skreen width is slightly smaller than 800
Till last version it was ok, but after the last update skb pro stretchs all over the screen, not considering the button bar and because of that the rightmost buttons are overlapped by the bar
kamerunka
no, it has the same problem, in landscape the rightmost buttons of the keyboard are half covered by the "system keys ribon"
kamerunka
btw, I had the similar problem with coolreader before, amd it's author said that it something like a property of the package, don't know if this wil help.
meanwhile, can you provide an older version please?
cyril Developer
I see what this property could be, but I'm not sure changing it will solve anything... I just updated the beta version, can you try again?
kamerunka
the problem is still there with 3.17 beta
cyril Developer
OK... I'm currently digging into some Archos ROM to understand how these soft buttons have to be handled. Will post another beta once I get something.
cyril Developer
Not sure if it's the best way to implement a fix, but I hope this new beta will make it
kamerunka
it is better now, although it is shrinked 20-30% more than needed, there is about 2mm transparent space between the keyboard and the softbuttons ribon.
btw, it was fine before the last update trough android market, so it seems that the problem was caused from some recent change.
cyril Developer
I know which changed caused the problem, but it's not easy to fix as Archos did some intrusive changes in Android to implement this button bar.
I will look further at this problem, meanwhile you can get the old version here.

[EDIT] Can you also check the new beta? I changed something else which may help to get correct resizing.
kamerunka
thank you, I have reverted to 3.15. I have tried the beta, but it looks the same as previous one
cyril Developer
Can you test the latest beta again (same link)? It seems the button bar is 45 pixels wide, whereas I assumed it was 54 pixels in the previous beta.