Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Who can create a skin please

Matthew
Hello, i wanted to create my own skin i failed, so, somebody can create a skin for me ?

Bye.
TheTehk17
Do you want some help with your skin? I swear, once you understand how to do it, it's easy.
TheTehk17
Can you tell me what you did, and provide the file?
TheTehk17
yakie996 wrote:maybe you can help mee??
Sure. What are you stuck on?
yakie996
i have make this just for try... but draw9patch won't open...

Attachments

skins.zip 24.0 KB · downloaded 619 times

TheTehk17
yakie996 wrote:i have make this just for try... but draw9patch won't open...
Draw9patch won't open? What does it do?

I've found that you don't even need draw9patch to create the .9.png's. Just open them up in Photoshop or whatever program you use, and make sure that the black pixels on the border are all black, or #000000. If even one is, say, #010101, it won't work.
yakie996
yess!! I tryet open draw9patch open ant works :D
TheTehk17
yakie996 wrote:yess!! I tryet open draw9patch open ant works :D
That's good =)
yakie996
i do 2 pictures and now it don't wanna load ... :evil:
TheTehk17
yakie996 wrote:i do 2 pictures and now it don't wanna load ... :evil:

What program are you using to edit the png's? I know, at least with photoshop, you don't even need draw9patch.
meyergre
right, you can use draw9patch until you understand how it works, or to check if your pictures are OK, but it's not needed at all once you got it.
As TheTehk17 said, with only your picture editor, you can create 9 patch files - by the way, that's the way I proceed too ;)
TheTehk17
meyergre wrote:right, you can use draw9patch until you understand how it works, or to check if your pictures are OK, but it's not needed at all once you got it.
Yea... if anything, draw9patch is a pain to use. Just make sure all the pixels are black #000000.

Meyer, have you ever considered theming? You know... making themes for rooted devices. There's hundreds of icons you can edit... you should have lots of fun with it.
meyergre
TheTehk17 wrote:Meyer, have you ever considered theming? You know... making themes for rooted devices. There's hundreds of icons you can edit... you should have lots of fun with it.
Honestly, I've never thought about it.
It represents a huge amount of work to draw hundreds of icons, so I'm not sure I would be concentrated enough to do it without decreasing the quality through time...
Skins for keyboard are funny, since it's only a dozen of picture to create in the same spirit, and it's done in about 30 to 60 minutes ;)

For now, I have some development projects in my mind... But maybe later I would give a try at theming, who knows ? :mrgreen:
TheTehk17
meyergre wrote:Honestly, I've never thought about it.
It represents a huge amount of work to draw hundreds of icons, so I'm not sure I would be concentrated enough to do it without decreasing the quality through time...
Skins for keyboard are funny, since it's only a dozen of picture to create in the same spirit, and it's done in about 30 to 60 minutes ;)

For now, I have some development projects in my mind... But maybe later I would give a try at theming, who knows ? :mrgreen:
It is a huge amount of work. I've been working on a theme for about an hour per day for the past 2.5 weeks and it's still not done :roll:

Check this out. I took the .apk with all the icons in it and put it into a zip. I think it's pretty cool... it's like a bigger version of a SM skin.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bm3mq3e6g5bdylf
*drawable-mdpi is where all the icons are*
meyergre
impressive... did you actually draw every single icon in it ? :shock:
TheTehk17
meyergre wrote:impressive... did you actually draw every single icon in it ? :shock:
That file is only stock, it's not the theme I'm working on. I won't upload the theme file because I haven't released it yet, but I've edited most of the files, yes :D it's crazy amount of work. It's also fun, because you can edit everything however you want... it's neat to make your own icons and flash it to your phone, and have it work. Anyways, just thought I'd share that with you. It's something I do as a long-term project.
yakie996
TheTehk17 wrote:
yakie996 wrote:i do 2 pictures and now it don't wanna load ... :evil:

What program are you using to edit the png's? I know, at least with photoshop, you don't even need draw9patch.
sorry my fould it was .pdn.. :? but .pdn and .png is almoust the same??..
TheTehk17
yakie996 wrote:sorry my fould it was .pdn.. :? but .pdn and .png is almoust the same??..
Almost the same maybe, but .png is what you need to use
yakie996
TheTehk17 wrote:
yakie996 wrote:sorry my fould it was .pdn.. :? but .pdn and .png is almoust the same??..
Almost the same maybe, but .png is what you need to use
yes i know bud the name.. is almost te same you understand??
TheTehk17
yakie996 wrote:yes i know bud the name.. is almost te same you understand??
With software, it must be exact or it won't work. The skin is looking for .png icons, so .png icons are what you must use.
yakie996
TheTehk17 wrote:
yakie996 wrote:yes i know bud the name.. is almost te same you understand??
With software, it must be exact or it won't work. The skin is looking for .png icons, so .png icons are what you must use.
sorry it was al little misstake..