Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Can't get Smart Keyboard to activate

dbtny
I have loaded and installed Smart Keyboard Pro 3.16.0; the installation completes with no error.

Language & keyboard shows Smart keyboard - when I select it I get the standard warning; accept the warning, but SK does not activate - the checkbox remains blank. When I subsequently go to a text entry box and long-touch Input Method only shows the T&T keyboard.

This is a Viewsonic Gpad, Android V. 2.2, stock ROM v. 3588

David
cyril Developer
Strange... Have you tried with other keyboards, to know if something is blocked on your phone?
dbtny
Just the stock kb -and I am new to android so this might be a real newbie issue...