Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Hide period option

silvern18
Good evening!

I use SK and I find it the best keyboard available.
I'd like to make the space bar bigger, so that I choosed to hide the coma key and to hide the period key.
The first worked, but the period key doesn't go away.
That's strange.
I have an HUAWEI IDEOS U8150

Thanks a lot
Best regards
Giovanni
cyril Developer
Do you use the option "Persistent domain key"? In that case indeed the option has no effect.
silvern18
No,
here are my general settings:

htc theme
t9 in portrait mode
never show arrows
no physical keyboard
no t9 next key
yes show preview popup
max opacity
yes cursor with volume
yes enable arrow keypad
arrow style: numbers (phone)
no always cap
yes show alt labels
no alt symbols
off smiley key
no persistent domain key
yes no landscape fullscreen
no portrait fullscreen
yes hide period
no hide comma
silvern18
Any news?

I also noticed that, if I choose autocomplete OFF, nothing happens. Is it supposed to let me write a word with the characters I have already written instead of complete it with the final characters, isn't it? If so, it doesn't work with italian language.
If I write "scoll" if shows me "scollegato" as a suggest but, if I hit space, it doesn't write "soll" but writes "scollegato".

Thanks a lot!!!
silvern18
Please, help me...both problems are quite annoying!
cyril Developer
Well, I don't see how that's possible. You should backup your settings to the SD card and send your backup.zip file by mail to smartkeyboard at dexilog.com so that I can have a look.
silvern18
Backup.zip file sent.

Thanks again!!
cyril Developer
So, I tried with your settings and everything works as expected: the period key (on the right of the space key) is hidden, and the comma key is still visible, as you set in the settings.
However I think I see your problem: if you play too much with these settings, you may need to restart the keyboard (for instance switch to another input method and back to SKP) so that the changes are taken into effect. But you can hide both period and comma keys.
silvern18
Thanks for your help.
I tried everything, even unistall, but nothing happens.
Period key is still there and autocomplete is always on, even if disabled.

Any other idea?

Thanks!
cyril Developer
You cannot disable autocomplete in T9, as it doesn't make sense... However with the settings you sent to me, for sure there is no period key at the bottom, of course there is still one on the right side of the keyboard (the setting has no effect on this one).
aelfwyne
cyril wrote:Do you use the option "Persistent domain key"? In that case indeed the option has no effect.
Thanks for posting the solution. This is still a problem on the current version. Why cant we have the domain button and no period? I always use my right thumb so with a period on almost any keyboard my text.looks.like.this. The domain key is on the left side which is never a problem for me.