Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

auto capitalize

prisma7000
Why is the priority word from the selection (above the keypad) in the middle of a sentence sometimes randomly capitalized? Just general words, not names, places or dates etc.?
cyril Developer
Can you give a precise example of what you type, and what you see in the prediction bar?
prisma7000
"Have a Good day, I'm off to Work"

The prediction bar does have the lower-case version however this comes up first.
It could well be that I've somehow done something to my settings to make these words auto-capitalize, however I'm not sure what it is or how to rectify it.
cyril Developer
I guess these are in your contacts and you enabled the contacts dictionary, or you added them in your user dictionary.
richardkemp
To clarify from my experience, if when the first time you add a word to the dictionary it is written with a capital, it will be remembered with the capital. If you first type it lower case it can then be typed either caps or lower. Just go into your user dictionary to find these 'random' capitalised words and remove them.
prisma7000
That's it thanks! The words are in my contacts list, I shall edit them there.