Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Touch to replace is buggy

swrobel
Touch to replace is pretty cool but buggy in some situations. Try the following:

1) Type a word and press space or accept a suggestion
2) Touch that word again to replace
3) Select the replacement
4) Now I would expect to see the usual choice of punctuation, but instead see the same choices
5) Type a space
6) I still see the choice of replacements, and tapping on one enters a new word using the suggestions from the previous word

Weird behavior...
swrobel
Still happening in the latest version...
cyril Developer
This doesn't happen if "space after picking" option is enabled, but indeed otherwise it may happen in some situations. This should be fixed (at least most of the time) in 4.2.0.
swrobel
cyril wrote:This doesn't happen if "space after picking" option is enabled, but indeed otherwise it may happen in some situations. This should be fixed (at least most of the time) in 4.2.0.
I just tried on 4.1.2, which I was running, and then on 4.2.0-beta using your link. Both give the same (incorrect, in my opinion) behavior. I have space after picking and touch to correct words enabled. It puts a space after picking the first time, but when tapping on the word again to replace it, it just skips to the end of the word (not past the space).
cyril Developer
That's on purpose, and works exactly like the Gingerbread keyboard.
However the bug you were talking about in this topic (punctuation suggestions not displayed when space is entered) is supposed to be fixed now.
swrobel
Ok well then the gingerbread behavior makes no sense... the other bug is still there.
Lycox
I tried to install the latest beta but after installing the SKP doesn't pop up. Beta from 2011-06-04 maybe 3rd works fine.
serenewaffles
This isn't a bug. If it inserted a space after touching to correct a word, you would end up with two spaces between some words. Wasting characters in SMS and reducing readability.
swrobel
It shouldn't insert another space, but it should show the punctuation options instead of the same choices again after you pick. At least that's what makes logical sense to me. Especially if it's the last word in what you've typed and there isn't another word after it, which is the case 95% of the time when I'm doing this since autocorrect picked the wrong word and overwrote what I just typed and I want to fix that.
cyril Developer
Indeed, but in that specific case, you can just do a backspace, and then touch to correct will insert a space as you expect.
swrobel
cyril wrote:Indeed, but in that specific case, you can just do a backspace, and then touch to correct will insert a space as you expect.
in what specific case?
cyril Developer
in what specific case?
When you want to correct the last word
swrobel
Oh, thanks, good tip! Ok, that solves that one, although when I do that, the issue still exists that when I insert the space again, it gives me the choices from the previous word rather than punctuation or nothing.
cyril Developer
Lycox wrote:I tried to install the latest beta but after installing the SKP doesn't pop up. Beta from 2011-06-04 maybe 3rd works fine.
Probably you enabled the option "ignore hard keyboard". It has to be used ONLY for the droid pro!
Lycox
cyril wrote:
Lycox wrote:I tried to install the latest beta but after installing the SKP doesn't pop up. Beta from 2011-06-04 maybe 3rd works fine.
Probably you enabled the option "ignore hard keyboard". It has to be used ONLY for the droid pro!
Thanks for the hint. Works now :)
cyril Developer
swrobel wrote:Oh, thanks, good tip! Ok, that solves that one, although when I do that, the issue still exists that when I insert the space again, it gives me the choices from the previous word rather than punctuation or nothing.
Hello, this issue should be fixed in the latest beta; can you check?