Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
The selection that I get when I type in characters via Chinese Pinyin input is rather limited.
For example, I cannot type in the following word:
yifu
逸夫
Any way to increase the number of character suggestions that show up?
Second that. We need more full chinese dictionary db. Present one is too small, lacking a lot of words. Not sure where the author got the current db, but I suggest look at "Google Pinyin" input has. Not sure about it's license though..
Do you have other examples? The Chinese language pack IS based on Google Pinyin, so it's a bit surprising

Ah.. I was just inferring that from the sizes of binary databases in your .apk and Google's. Your's "zh_dic.mp3" is ~ 1.02Mb, and Google's "dict_pinyin.dat" is roughly 1.45MB.. But I guess it's my bad, not knowing exact specifics of development, I shouldn't say..
Looking deeper into it, your application seems to restrict the number of chinese character suggestions to only 12. While others don't restrict it with any defined ( well, maybe they do, but with more slack ) number. Seems like the problem lies into this behavior..?
And on a sidenote, if one will look up a dictionary, the word "yi" for example, may have correspond up to a hundred different characters (mileage may vary), so only 12 choices given is not what one looking for exactly..
theanes wrote:And on a sidenote, if one will look up a dictionary, the word "yi" for example, may have correspond up to a hundred different characters (mileage may vary), so only 12 choices given is not what one looking for exactly..
I will check why this happens, it's probably one line of code to change...
Indeed this was really a stupid problem.... Everything IS in the dictionary but suggestions were truncated to 12 on purpose... I changed the limit to 500, there are now many many more suggestions!
You can try this in the latest
betaYep, works like a charm.
非常感谢.