Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
Long press comma shows black box
Zarch
Another new problem I'm afraid.
I have the fullstop removed and the comma and full stop to the left of the space.
But when I long press comma I should get period(fullstop) but all I get is a black box.
This used to work fine until recent new smart keyboard builds.
Any ideas?
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
7Stringer
Bumping this for the same error. Worked fine before but now I get the same black box. Running stock froyo on a Droid X.
kromonos
Works for me on Samsung Galaxy GT-I5500 with modded firmware
Only a reboot can but things back to normal. But as soon as a try to choose long press comma, up the goes Smart Keyboards CPU Usage. snap20110517_100042.png
7Stringer
I co-sign the post above!
cyrilDeveloper
Interesting problem, but I cannot reproduce it... seems like long press on the comma key triggers an infinite loop somewhere, which would explain both the black box and the CPU consumption. Does it happen only with this key?
Zarch
cyril wrote:Interesting problem, but I cannot reproduce it... seems like long press on the comma key triggers an infinite loop somewhere, which would explain both the black box and the CPU consumption. Does it happen only with this key?
Cyril,
I've just gone through every key on the main keyboard (first screen) and they all long press fine apart from the comma as reported.
Zarch
Still a problem in latest 4.1 update.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
cyrilDeveloper
Of course, as I was not able to reproduce / understand it... Maybe it's due to a particular combination of settings, so can you backup your settings to the SD card and send your file /sdcard/smartkeyboardpro/backup.zip to smartkeyboard at dexilog.com?
Zarch
zip file just sent.
Zarch
Any update Cyril? Did you get my email?
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
cyrilDeveloper
Sorry I didn't have time to look at this. I just tried with your settings and can indeed reproduce your problem! So it will be easy to fix now (hopefully)
cyrilDeveloper
Found it: the problem only happens when "mic key" option is off, "hide period" is on and "accents priority" is on. Fixed in the next version
Zarch
Just tested and fixed in latest update. Good work Cyril.