Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Transferring User Dictionary from Trial to Pro

cullenswood
Hi,

I recently bought the Pro version but I can't seem to transfer across the words in my User dictionary from Trial.

I have tried to BackUp my Trial Version and restore from Pro but that doesn't work.

Thanks
cyril Developer
This should work.... Otherwise try the other method: export the user dictionary to CSV, and import it from the pro version.
cullenswood
Thanks,

I just managed to do it there now.....I used root explorer to copy the back up from the Trial folder to the Pro folder and it is all sorted!

Nice one.
RickcJ7
I just upgraded from the trail to the pro version. I, too, am trying to move my autotext and custom dictionary to the pro version. I made a backup of my trial dictionary and autotext, but when I go to my SD card, I only see a folder called smartkeyboard (not smartkeyboardtrial nor smartkeyboardpro) and the only thing in that folder is a file called backup.zip. I tried to open/extract it but it says error, unknown file. Where do I find the .csv files when I export them?
cyril Developer
The trial folder is smartkeyboard, not smartkeyboardtrial. Anyway there are no csv files in backup.zip, if you want them you need to use the "csv export" options.