Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Force close whenselecting text from last char to first char

batigol
Hi,

Force close occurs when one selects text backwards to the first char.

E.g Hello, world!

If one were to select the text from last char "!" backwards to the first letter "H", force close occurs. And this issue occurs on all the applications :(

Appreciate for a fix on this. Thanks!
cyril Developer
Hello
Please install "Log Collector" and send a log report just after the force close. Also, can you explain exactly what method you use to select the text?
batigol
Hi,

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and using the native way of selecting the text and copy function.

A brief explanation below.

1. Point the cursor on the last char, tap on cursor again and it pops up the "Text selection/Paster" menu window.
2. Select the last char all the way to the first char and the "Copy/Cut/Paste" menu window appears. The force close occurs immediately once I select the Copy function.
cyril Developer
Once again, I cannot fix if you don't give me your logs (as I cannot reproduce your problem)
batigol
Ok, I thought it's easy to reproduce the problem by the flwg explanation?? Can u just test it out? It shouldn't be difficult, right?

1. Point the cursor on the last char, tap on cursor again and it pops up the "Text selection/Paster" menu window.
2. Select the last char all the way to the first char and the "Copy/Cut/Paste" menu window appears. The force close occurs immediately once I select the Copy function.
cyril Developer
If I tell you I cannot reproduce it, it's because I cannot reproduce it ;)
This "native way of selecting the text" may be specific to Samsung phones and/or the particular version of your firmware. No logs, no fix ;)