Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Word suggestions length priority for qwerty

Lidodido
Hi

The T9 Length Priority-option is great. I would like that for the normal qwerty-keyboards. Just got a suggestion for the name "Emelie" when typing the Swedish word "för" which is Swedish for "for", which seems odd as words like "före" or "dör" or something like that would be more probable.

Often get very odd suggestions which drive me mad, and I think length priority could be a huge help.
cyril Developer
This is a different problem. "Emelie" is in your contacts dictionary, which has a bigger priority than the normal dictionary (which may not be a good thing btw..)
Lidodido
Well it's not just with names. Have been trying to find better examples since I usually forgot the words that give me problems :P

If I want to type "Hel" and instead press "Hek" I get "Helt", "Hej" and "heller". "Hej" is fine since it means Hi in Swedish and is almost what I typed except that I missed one letter, but "Hel" is also a Swedish word, also one letter mistyped (just the letter next to it) and it doesn't get suggested until page 3 in the list of suggestions. How come "Heller" gets suggester before "Hel"? I suppose it's some kind of autocomplete of words but I would rather just have spell correction which I think would work better if the first suggestions were the same length as what you've typed.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to type here, just about to go to bed and had a hard time finding a good example of my problem :P