Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Hold shift and type

kecinzer
It's possible to add feature to write capitalized letter by holding shift nad tapping? I realy miss that feature and I expected this because of multitouch support.
BTW. I tried Better Keyboard 8 and it have this feature.
cyril Developer
Actually it already works for one letter, but it's true that you don't see the keyboard change to upper letters when you hold shift.
Supporting this for several letters raises some problems, but if Gingerbread keyboard (BK8 is just a copy of it...) can do it, Smart Keyboard can do it too ;)
kecinzer
I just tried it with GB keyboard and it truly works. So what is solution of this? How can I enable it in SKP?
tmiv44
I too would love this feature (for both caps and Alt characters). this is how the Blackberry keyboard works.

-Tm
kecinzer
Any change on this? There were released 2 new version since my question without this functionality.
cyril Developer
I had a look at this but the impacts of adding this feature are huge, and important parts of the app would have to be rewritten. I don't want to break everything else just for this feature, so there will be definitely no rush on this.