Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Move cursor with volume not working

eschulma
I am running Droid Pro, Android 2.2.1, and Smart Keyboard Trial 4.0.2. I have "Cursor with volume" enabled under General Settings. But it doesn't work; whenever I press the volume buttons, the ringer volume adjustment pops up.

Moving the cursor easily is the main reason I want this app. Do you have a fix for me?
eschulma
Just to add, I've found an app called Z-Arrow which does the cursor movement from the physical keyboard; it also allows me to move up and down a line. It would be trivial, I think, for Smart Keyboard to add these mappings in as well.

Since I have a Droid Pro, moving the cursor easily with the physical keyboard is the top priority. I have to use Z-Arrow for now, which disables other virtual keyboards, but I like the advanced features of Smart Keyboard and would pay for it if this functionality were added.
cyril Developer
Indeed volume keys are not caught by the keyboard when the soft keyboard is hidden, but it's trivial to change