Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Assign different symbols to a button?

soulslider
Hi there!

I am using the T9 layout in the pro version and prior to my update to 4.1.1 I had the exclamation mark on the question mark button (as the second choice when long pressing)... now there is a single quotation mark...

I would like to change that again...

So now on the button there is [? '] and I would like to have it [? !]

Can anyone tell me how?

Thank you very much in advance!

Steve
vladeoff
just try to uninstall and install again.. :D
soulslider
Can you explain, why that should help?
I can't find the settings anymore for changing certain buttons - why should they be there after installing?
soulslider
@ the developers

I would like to read an answer to my question please...
...I have paid and will be willing to pay for apps and support in the future - so I don't think I am asking for too much here.
vladeoff
just patiently wait for the developer's answer..i believe he's just being busy.. i was answered around 1 week or 10days after my first post. :)
soulslider
vladeoff wrote:just patiently wait
Thanks vladeoff for the surely well ment hint :)
I usually make a difference when I pay for something and when I get for something for free - my expectations shift then ;)
But that won't make the answer come quicker I guess... :D
So... still waiting... ;)
cyril Developer
Well, I think this question doesn't really make sense any more, since in v4.1.2 the T9 layout has been reverted to what is was before.
Anyway, the answer is: no, you can't do that ;)
soulslider
cyril wrote:Well, I think this question doesn't really make sense any more
It does ;) , because...
cyril wrote:since in v4.1.2the T9 layout has been reverted to what is was before.
...I've noticed that - and there I could assign for example the exclamation mark on the question mark button.
BUT I CAN'T FINDE WHERE anymore :-)
cyril Developer
I don't understand... now there is an exclamation mark above ? on the T9 layout, as it was before, so what do you want to change?
soulslider
Yes, now there is... but I >think< I had changed this, when I first installed this - am I wrong?

However:
I would like to be able to change what's assigned to every button...
I think everyone uses different things more or less frequently...
I don't use "," a lot for example...
...so I'd like to assign "." and "&" to one button, where now there is ".,"

So I can type quicker and have all the symbols on the "first level" I use the most... do you get, what I mean? Not sure, if I described it right.

The keyboard would get individually set up for everybody.