Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Norwegian dictionary

magnub
Hi,

not sure if this is considered a direct bug or not, but;

the norwegian dictionary is not the greatest, is it possible to get it updated/increased?

I often have to type words in parts when using T9 (which I prefer for speed), or else I will just get gibberish. Other keyboards with norwegian dictionaries are usually better than the one in smart keyboard. But they are either not T9, or cannot easily switch to english, so I still use SKP.

If the dictionary was "fixed", it would be "complete" for my use

(If you look at this, it is good to know that there are two norwegian languages, norsk bokmål (NB) and norsk nynorsk (NN) - most people (>80-90%) prefer bokmål)

http://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30577 was mentioned in a norwegian forum for norwegian dictionary. Looks like it is from debian, not sure if those can be taken and used as you wish, but it should be open source?

Magnus