Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Slovenian dictionary

fvs114
Hi Cyril,

I have compiled csv file for Slovenian (SL) dictionary from huge corpus of Slovenian language sorted by frequency, descending.
File consists from 63.000+ most frequent used words for Slovenian language.

I've attached zip file with 3 files in it: XLS frequency reference(CP1250) sorted descending , XLS word list sorted descending(CP1250),CSV list of words (UTF-8) sorted descending.

If you need to cut those files, do it from bottom, as there are words with lovest frequency, but i prefer to have as much words as possible.

v.1

Thank you.
fvs114
Hi,

I´m confused a bit. :?

I saw description or change log for Portugese dictionary

UPDATE:
- 130000 words added!-

Is it a good point to start with 63K words for Slovenian dictionary, or should i start working on 265K project :D ?

What is average number of words in other dictionaries ?

:)
cyril Developer
Hi
The only limitation is the final size of the apk, which is difficult to predict. I think 265k words would be too much, but anyway if the list is sorted you can give me everything and I will trim it if necessary.
fvs114
Hi Cyril,

I’ve made 265K file with words sorted descending, so you’ll be able to trim it, but i hope that won’t be necessary. :oops:

I think that is excellent selection , for this number of words, but if you’ll have to trim it hard, I’ll make another one slightly different.

v.2

If you’ll have to trim it, let me know how many lines (words) is included in dictionary, when will be finished.

Thank You

:)
cyril Developer
I just built the dictionary here.
There was no need to trim it as it has a good compression factor, so the whole list is there. Let me know if it's ok before I put it on the market.
fvs114
Thanks Cyril, Great news !

I'm testing it now, and it's good, but I have to change few things - apply some filters, before official launch.
I've found some errors, have to add / change and delete few words, check personal names, and there is a problem with some CAPS....,etc. what i was unable to see without beta version.

:D
fvs114
Hi Cyril,

Here is updated list with all corrections, and I think it is good enough for official launch.

v.3

260K words !!! (267.257 rows from previous version was reduced to 266.146 rows by filtering out unneeded values)

:)

Current Beta version is indeed very,very good, with some minor exceptions, which will be be solved with this new list.


FVS114
cyril Developer
The slovenian dictionary is now on the Market, based on your latest list.
Let me know if things have to be changed.
fvs114
You’re the man Cyril !!! Thank You !!!


If anything.... , I’ll let you know. :D :D