Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Text area as part of the keyboard

schrochem
I just had an interesting thought.
In portrait mode it's often really annoying that the input area is quite small to see all the text.
You have to scroll up and down and then hit the misspelled words.
I thought about note type apps. color note , evernote, note everyting, whatever.
that gives you a large area to see the text.
I can type a lot of text and fix it up in plain view.
I realize I could do that, then 'select all' then paste it into sms, email, forums, etc.
However, it's a bit clunky jumping back and forth.
Is it possible to have an input area be part of the keyboard?
When the keyboard is launched the upper part could (as an option) be a full view text area.
Think of the htc mail client problem in landscape. the send, save as draft and discard are all in the way.
If the keyboard was essentially in 'fullscreen' (the text area part of the keyboard) you'd be set....
Is that even possible?
cyril Developer
That's why there is "portrait fullscreen" option ;)
schrochem
Ha! I learn something new everyday....
I thought that meant it would make the keyboard itself take up the whole screen..... :roll:
Yet another very cool option in this keyboard. Clicked it on and super happy with it.
Thanks