Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Can I edit the dictionaries?

London
Hi!

Is it possible to edit the dictionaries? I think the Danish one has some oddities I would like to delete. I can't find any obvious file...
cyril Developer
You can't, but you are welcome to contribute to a better danish dictionary ;)
London
I would like that! How do I get started?
cyril Developer
All what is needed is a word list sorted by decreasing frequency of usage. The current list has only 27k words, which is quite small.
London
Can I get a copy of that list? Then I will begin by correcting wrongs.

And is there some "normal" way people make these -- i.e. get the words and frequencies?
London
Those are definitely in another league, containing 22000k words... I'll have a look once I've gotten started.

I would like to add to the current list first, but also remove from it -- it currently contains a lot of annoying entries as many words are suggested both capitalized and not.

Can you supply the current one, Cyril?
cyril Developer
Here is the current list. However I'm not sure how you can merge it with another one, as the resulting list still has to be sorted by frequency...

Attachments

danish.zip 123.4 KB · downloaded 483 times

London
Hey Cyril,

I have now obtained some word lists (thanks fvs114, in the end I contacted someone from one of the places, was redirected, and now I have a good, sorted list!)

How large can the dictionary be?
fvs114
Slovenian dictionary contains 259k words.. Cyril would cut it from bottom (low frequent words) but it wasn't necessary.

___________________________________
FVS114

SGS GT-I9000 - Gingerbread 2.3.4
London
Thanks! I think the file I have now contains about the same, but I'm going to cut it anyways because there are so many words you don't use usually among those.