Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Motorola droid pro with Gingerbread

dettofatto
Anyone has trouble with this configuration?
Because in my phone with gingerb. i can't hide automatically the virtual keyboard in portrait mode...
In 2.2 i can do it...

Thank You
cyril Developer
Have you enabled the option "ignore hard keyboard"? This option was required before, but maybe Motorola did a fix in Gingerbread so that it's no more needed?
dettofatto
cyril wrote:Have you enabled the option "ignore hard keyboard"? This option was required before, but maybe Motorola did a fix in Gingerbread so that it's no more needed?
Yes.. enabled and disabled... But nothing...
dettofatto
Any news? Because your software is very good and I can't live without...
Can you add the learning from sms or gmail?
zooh
There is no IMEs properly working, no way to off onscreen keyboard. only stock keyboard works well... :(
Maybe keyboard open event changed in gingerbread or motorola rom...

plz fix this bug or make another option "completely disable on-screen keyboard all the time"

thank you.
cyril Developer
So Motorola replaced a bug by another one... I will try to add an option to always hide in portrait.
cyril Developer
OK, since the option "ignore hard keyboard" was created only for the Droid Pro, I changed its behavior in the latest beta: now if this option is on, the soft keyboard will always be visible in landscape (for Droid Pro with Froyo), and always hidden in portrait (for Droid Pro with Gingerbread).
Hope it helps!
jerrycurls
Works awesome thank you the stock keyboard was driving me crazy. One tiny thing that I realized is that oftentimes the first letter of my texts and messages are no longer capitalized which is just a pesky annoyance for now :) thanks for fixing the portrait problem your software rocks
jerrycurls
Not really sure why but all of a sudden the capitalization error stopped
cyril Developer
This is a real nightmare. It seems lots of people enabled this option "ignore hard keyboard" (I don't know why?!!), so now the keyboard is hidden in portrait for them and they think it doesn't work....
I will add a new option "hide in portrait" and revert the behavior if "ignore hard keyboard" to what is was before, as people don't take time obviously to read app descriptions.

[EDIT] Done in version 4.2.1. Sorry to the people who had to update twice because some other ones messed with their settings without knowing what they do.
dettofatto
Thank you for your work...!
Can you add an option from the prediction bar for unhiding the keyboard (swipe up?)?
And you have any news for the "hard" long press choices?
Really thank you!!!
albertodegama
I just returned a Droid because after two days of use, the touchscreen quit working correctly when phone was plugged into the USB charger or computer. It wouldn't recognize the touch and sometimes it would just randomly start apps and go wild as if a ghost was touching it. I received a new replacement phone today and touchscreen has problems too. I have to unplug the USB connection if I want the touchscreen to act normal. I wonder if the the apps I have installed are causing some wierd issue as I didn't have any problem until day 2 with original phone and I had been adding apps. With the new replacement phone, all old apps were automatically installed. I'm going to remove all apps I installed and see if problem still exists.









High School Diploma Online