Right now the only way space is automatically added is by choosing a candidate word, including candidate punctuation. But if we press the comma, period, exclamation or question mark, space is not automatically added, but I imagine in almost all cases a space is needed right after.
Option to automatically add space after punctuation
Well, there is an assumption (which may be wrong) that to accept a word, you either pick the word from the suggestion bar (then "space after picking" option + "swap punctuation" will make it), or you press space (and then "swap punctuation" option will make it).
Do you often type "!" directly to accept words?
Do you often type "!" directly to accept words?
Yes, I suppose I was used to jonasl's HTC_IME mod where pressing punctuation would accept the word, and after it did it would add a space after the punctuation.
I'm 100% with matmat07 here. It's rare I click on the word on the suggestion bar. Sometimes I will space to select the guessed word & then do a punctuation, in which case the "swap" thing is ok.
But most often, I'm just typing & adding my own punctuation, in which case I would really, really like for the space to be added after my comma, period, etc (but not as he says after the apostrophe since I don't want it for things like parent's)
BTW (I should put this in a separate request) - I use compact keyboard most of the time, and would like to put in the apostrophe where the comma is on the period key. I already have a comma to the left of the space, I don't need another to the right of it.
Better yet would be mimic other keyboards & make the long-press of the period show the more common (editable!) symbols.
But most often, I'm just typing & adding my own punctuation, in which case I would really, really like for the space to be added after my comma, period, etc (but not as he says after the apostrophe since I don't want it for things like parent's)
BTW (I should put this in a separate request) - I use compact keyboard most of the time, and would like to put in the apostrophe where the comma is on the period key. I already have a comma to the left of the space, I don't need another to the right of it.
Better yet would be mimic other keyboards & make the long-press of the period show the more common (editable!) symbols.