Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Back delete changes to forward delete

schrochem
For some reason I keep seeing the need for this. I don't know if it's something that was done on an older phone or on some pc software some where.
What I'm talking about is when you touch on a word, say the third word in a sms text. Then you start deleting backwards. It turns out when you tapped that third word you landed in the middle of it. So you back delete till you hit the beginning of the typing area. But now you still have half the word to delete. So you have to either arrow over to the right or try and touch it specifically. What I've "expected" (because of wherever I've used it before) is for the back delete to start doing a forward delete once it hits the beginning of the typing area.
I hope that's clear...I tried to spell it out the best I could.
serenewaffles
Seemed clear to me, and I think this would be a rad feature.