Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Autotext landscape/portrait issue

thegoodguy
Hi,

Firstly, fab app. I've only just (5 days ago) been introduced to android and am loving the idea.

I'm having a problem with autotext on my Xperia X10 Mini Pro (2.1)

Landscape - using physical keyboard - everything works fine. "yo" gives me "We are open from 9amm to 5:30pm ..."
Landscape - using touch-screen keyboard - everything works fine."We are open from 9amm to 5:30pm ..."
Portrait - using T9 touch-screen keyboard - autotext doesn't work. "yo" gives me "yo"

Although I have the alternatives, it's the T9 input that is speediest for me.

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
thegoodguy
Ok. I just thought "try portrait with multitap instead of T9" ... autotext works.

So now my question has changed a little; Is this a "feature" or bug?

Thanks.

EDIT:
The problem is kinda solved. I just changed the "yo" to "wm". Now it works in both T9 and multitap ... still a little annoying though.
thegoodguy
Spoke too soon :( Although it works using T9 and multitap, it has now stopped working on the physical keyboard.

Is there a solution?

Thanks.
cyril Developer
The problem is kinda solved. I just changed the "yo" to "wm". Now it works in both T9 and multitap ... still a little annoying though.
Yes, because autotext only takes what you type into account, so if you use T9 prediction you can only type "wm", and not "yo"

About your hard keyboard problem, I cannot answer, I was never able to reproduce any bug with the hard keyboard...
thegoodguy
I see. That would explain things. It threw me because I've moved over from a blackberry autotext which works on T9-ed text too.

Just to explain "yo" and "wm" on the portrait touch keyboard is the same as "wo", which is short for "we open". So "wo" autotexts our business opening hours.

This explains why my attempts on the hard keyboard didn't work for me. I was typing "wo" cos "wm" didn't automatically spring to mind. oh dopey me :oops: I got it working for me by having a double entry in autotext. One for "wo" and one for "wm". I prefer the touch-screen, my brother prefers the hard keyboard. We're both content now.

I only explain this in case anyone else out there uses autotext and keyboards weirdly.

Thanks Cyril.