Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

I is not first in t9 suggestions

wcstick
I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but the word "I" is not first in the suggestions when I use the t9 keyboard. I've resolved this problem before somehow but I don't remember how exaxtly since it seemed to have magically fixed itself. does anyone know how I can put it first in the suggestions?
cyril Developer
By default it is the default suggestion so for sure you did something to change that. If you reinstall the app to reset the settings everything will be back to normal.
wcstick
I wiped the data and any backups with titanium backup and reinstalled it and it still isn't the first one. All I did was change the portrait keyboard to T9. Also, the word "am" isn't even in the list of suggestions. I don't know why the predictions aren't correct anymore after I recently reinstalled it.
cyril Developer
Is the English dictionary installed? Do you see "g I h i" when you press g?
wcstick
yes I did, and the suggestions for the ghi button is just g/h/i.
cyril Developer
can you show me a screenshot of your phone when you type "g"?
cyril Developer
Ahhh so I understand, you are only trying in an URL field, and indeed it doesn't work there (I will check why)
About "am", that's the normal behavior, as "an" is a more frequent word than "am". Use the smart dictionary if you want to change the priority.
wcstick
I see...it seems to work now on things like a facebook comment. I was certain it didn't work before. Maybe it's magically fixed itself. anyway, thanks for your help.
cyril Developer
Anyway you can try this beta version, I fixed the autotext issue in URL field.