Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Issues on HTC Sensation running on Gingerbread

cohana
Hello there guys, I used to have a Vibrant wit h Froyo and your app worked perfectly for me. However I'm experiencing some issues with my new HTC Sensation running on Gingerbread.
1. Custom text is not working at all
2. Auto caps & space after word not working
3. The smiley option to the right is not there even though I checked it
4. Sometimes when I'm on a website the text predictions don't appear

So far I believe these are all the issues I'm experiencing. I do have to say though that your app is amazing and I love it. Thanks a lot and looking forward to the solutions.
cyril Developer
Are you sure you really use Smart Keyboard as input method? I don't see how could have all these problems at the same time (except for 4. which is normal if you didn't enable "always suggest" option)
cohana
Thank you Cyril for your reply, however the answer is YES I have the smart keyboard as input method, and I also enable "always suggest" for option 4. So, can anybody else help me with his issue? I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing these issues..... HELP
cyril Developer
About the autotext, what is exactly the problem? Do you mean you see the prediction bar is visible, but you shortcuts don't appear? Is it in all apps?

About auto-caps, this is not something the keyboard controls. The text field itself tells the keyboard if it has to auto-cap or not. Also, is it in all apps?
cohana
About the autotext, what is exactly the problem? Do you mean you see the prediction bar is visible, but you shortcuts don't appear? Is it in all apps?
The answer is Yes to all of them. The shortcuts don't appear. I used this keyboard with the Vibrant running on Froyo and never had a problem with it.

About auto-caps, this is not something the keyboard controls. The text field itself tells the keyboard if it has to auto-cap or not. Also, is it in all apps?

Well more than Auto-Caps, is also the space that is supposed to come after the word, when I select a word from the auto corrector, or when I put a period. Even thought I checked the option in the settings to do this.

Thanks for all your help