Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

autotext prediction

davidwilsonep
This is half way between bug report and feature request.
When typing text stored as autotext, prediction doesn't work. For example if pdq stands for 'pretty damn quick', typing odq doesn't bring up a suggestion. If I save pdq to my dictionary, prediction works to find pdq, but still, if I haven't entered the letters perfectly, picking pdq from the list enters pdq rather than 'pretty damn quick'.
cyril Developer
When typing text stored as autotext, prediction doesn't work.
You mean "proximity correction" and not "prediction", right?
In that case, that's on purpose. Enabling proximity correction for autotext would make predictions completely unusable in some situations, especially if you use a lot of different shortcuts.
davidwilsonep
I guess I mean both. Proximity detection and prediction. I don't see why it would be unwieldy to use these features. You will never have near the number of autotext entries as there are English words, so there's no way prediction and proximity detection will be overrun. Maybe have it as an option? If I type pmw instead of omw for "on my way", why can't it proximity suggest "on my way" the way it would if I typed omw correctly?