Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Spell-check as in iOS available?

Nitsson
I'm running the Smart Keyboard trial as I'm looking for an alternative to the default keyboard on my new Galaxy S2, but I do wonder if there is a spell-check function available? Ideally I'm looking for something like in iOS4 (I'm a former iPhone user) or in common text editors where incorrectly spelt words are underlined, and a tap brings up a list of suggestions.

Any insight is much appreciated.
cyril Developer
In Android the keyboard is not tightly integrated with the display (by the way that's why you can easily use alternative keyboards!), as it is in iOS. Suggestions can only be displayed in the dedicated prediction bar of the keyboard, not when you tap the word directly in the text display box.
Nitsson
Fair enough. "It's a feature, not a bug", as they say :)