Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Questionable English Dictionary

c00ller
I don't know if my English dictionary is working or if it has some issues with very basic words. For example, I had to make the following AutoText rules, most of which I thought were ridiculous:

ay -> at
biy -> bit
bur -> but
di -> do
ie -> is
fir -> for
noe -> now
hoe -> how (seriously, who would type the word "hoe" more often than "how"?)

It would actually be nice to create my own list of words to never use, or label as "low priority" like the ones I listed above.
c00ller
Hmm, so I am the only one having these issues? :?
cyril Developer
Hello
There are 2 different things:
- Valid words must not be "auto-texted" by default; if you never use them feel free to define this auto-text yourself (for instance "fir" or "hoe").
- Indeed invalid words are in the dictionary, they should be removed

For "biy", there is an ambiguity between "buy" and "bit", so I'm not sure what the auto-text should be
c00ller
cyril wrote: - Indeed invalid words are in the dictionary, they should be removed
Thanks for confirming! Just FYI here's another word that bothered me the other day: nit. Although I see the ambiguity between "nut" and "not".

Edit: here's another, "evem"
hotaru
c00ller wrote:Just FYI here's another word that bothered me the other day: nit. Although I see the ambiguity between "nut" and "not".
there's also the fact that "nit" is a word...