Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

"Open" after installation

cyril Developer
Hello
as I realized too many people are confused that there was no "Open" button available after Smart Keyboard download, I added it in 1.21.0. Can someone confirm that it actually works (I cannot test myself)
Thanks
cyril Developer
And now people complain because they see "Smart Keyboard Pro" in the launcher tray... :|
But I don't feel like removing it, as it's the only way to have an "Open" button when installing, and so many people don't ever read the instructions otherwise that it's mandatory for me to keep it
dpassen1
Pure Music Widget has an option to Hide/Remove from Launcher.
cyril Developer
Thanks for the tip, I will try to find how to do this
cyril Developer
So I found a way... now the launcher activity is removed when the keyboard is started for the first time (as if you manage to launch the keyboard, you don't need the help any more ;) )
cyril Developer
Can someone confirm that with the new version (1.22.1) the icon actually disappears from the launcher when the keyboard has been used ? Someone tells me it doesn't work, but it works perfectly on my phone...
dpassen1
This does not work for me. Motorola Droid running Stock 2.1
cyril Developer
You may need to reboot so that it is taken into account (I don't need it on my phone, but someone else did)
cyril Developer
OK... some people want the launcher icon (actually they don't want it, but they want the "Open" button in the Market, which is the same in the end), and some people don't want it

So, this is now an option in the keyboard settings; I added a warning explaining that disabling the icon will also disable the "Open" button. Hope this will please everyone and will allow people who never read the instructions to actually be able to use the keyboard ;)
droiduser
Hi,

I just bought the smart keyboard app and I checked the box on the local and text section and i can't seem to get it started....idk if u have to do something else but I just checked the box and went into my messages to see if it would work...still no good. But can someone help!
cyril Developer
Yes, you need to read all the instructions ;)
How do I enable the keyboard? Go to “Language and keyboard” settings, and check the “Smart Keyboard” (or “Smart Keyboard Pro”) box. Then chose “Smart Keyboard (Pro)” in the “Input method” dialog, which appears after a long press in any text input box.