Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

T9 question

CharresBarkrey
Hello, new to this forum. I've looked through every single post on here about T9, and I haven't been able to find a fix for my issue.
How do I get T9 to actually be T9 (meaning, one touch per key) instead of Abc mode that it is currently in.

When I type "hey" I get "gdw" and no other suggestions to change to. To get the word I want, I have to hit the key however many times to get the correct letter, and move on to the next key for the next letter (Abc mode)

I have downloaded the English dictionary, I have the Pro version with T9 enabled and I have taken every step suggested in every T9 post on here, and it still does not work.
What am I missing?
Thank you for reading!
cyril Developer
CharresBarkrey wrote:I have downloaded the English dictionary, I have the Pro version with T9 enabled
It's supposed to be enough... Is the T9 button active (green)? Did you change other text prediction options?
CharresBarkrey
Yes, the T9 button is selected and I haven't changed any other options that would affect this. I've tried it with and without the T9 button selected, but can't seem to get it to work.

It's not a huge deal, I can live with using the QWERTY keyboard. It would just be nice to be able to use T9.

Thank you for your help!