Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

German Umlauts with Physical Keyboard

cunei
Hi everybody,

I'm owning a stock Motorola Droid with Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 installed. I've been using SmartKeyboard for some time now, most times with the on-screen keyboard enabled. At times, though, I wanna use the physical keyboard where an annoying error kicks in: I cannot choose so-called umlauts specific to the german language (ä, ö, ü; ß works, though) right at the time I write them; I can either long-press on the on-screen-display and then choose them, or use a "Deutsch + äöü" keyboard map (also on-screen-display only) and then type the characters directly.

How does this work out for the physical keyboard only?

Thanks!
cyril Developer
Hi
German support for hardware keyboard is planed for a future version