Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

underscore

swack
Could you please set the 'Underscore' (_) as an alternate key on the first level keyboard?
NickC
As a workaround, you could include underscore in the list of punctuation to show in the suggestion bar (Settings -> Text Prediction -> Custom Punctuation)
swack
Thanks for the hint, but unfortunately this doesn't work within a word (like in "pass_word")...
cyril Developer
I'm now a bit reluctant to add alternative characters on the default English layout, as each time I tried to do I was flamed with complaints immediately (as it has some side effects)...
007alexlee
wouldn't it be cool if we just add the underscore above the comma key as the alternate? for those who don't put the mic key there.