Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
I'm not sure when this happened, but I just realized that the microphone button doesnt appear anymore in critical features such as SMS text messaging, etc. I already have the option enabled to show mic when possible. I am using the Gingerbread builtin skin and latest version of Smart Keyboard Pro. I expect the microphone button to be available at all times; basically anywhere I can type text; even for URLs, google searches, SMS texting, email messages using 3rd party email apps. There's no reason why we shouldn't have this flexibility.
Maybe, if there is a reason why some people would not want it to be available under some circumstances, it would be great to at least offer a "Force showing Mic button at all times".
Thanks,
Michael
So what do you see when it's not available? The url bar (showing .com and / keys) ?
In that case, there is not enough room to show the mic key, that's why it's not there. But anyway you can define a swipe gesture to trigger voice input.
Thank you!! That explains it. I prefer swipe gesture anyway.

I just downloaded the pro last night for my android tablet. The only reason I did was for the mic on the keyboard. I love the keyboard and the mic button is there, but when i try to use it, there is a red line through the mic and it doesn't work. I haven't tried different skins, just the HTC one. I did notice that when i was going through the settings, it said the mic was experimental or somthing like that. Does it not always work?
Thanks in advance!
Thanks Cyril. Defining a swipe was an easy and excellent solution to my MIC button's frequent disappearance. John
It works for me too (swipe instead of button): Motorola Milestone 2, Android 2.3. Thanks a lot.