Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Make certain keys more sensitive

schrochem
Cyril,
I've begun to understand the keyboard much better now so this might not be possible.
I understand the keys get bigger during prediction.
However, I have a continuous problem with hitting certain letters at the beginning of words.
Most notably for me is the letter t.
Way to often I type he or hat instead of the or that.
This is mainly in landscape mode I believe but can take note in portrait today.
I'm sure it's not possible but it would be great if certain keys could become a bigger target.
Perhaps just at the first of a word when the keyboard is all 'equal'.
I believe that it's all equal until a word begins. Is that correct?
I can't tell you how many times I have to go back and correct he, hat, hen, his, etc when they all need a t in front of them...
As you can see tapping on them won't give a good suggestion because all those words exist as words....:)
Thanks
cyril Developer
I think your problem has nothing to do with the "t" key; the fact that it happens only with "th" and in landscape mode makes me think it's a multitouch issue (I can reproduce it easily on my Desire Z)
Indeed t and h are very close keys, and the multitouch screen thinks you move quickly your finger from "t" to "h", that's why only "h" is taken into account.
That's something in which the screen of most Android phones are way inferior to the screen of the iPhone...
schrochem
well crap.....so there's nothing I can do?
It's a pretty prolific problem and I use th A LOT unfortunately...
Are you suggesting that the only way I can 'fix' this is to slow down when typing th?
Thanks
cyril Developer
For sure there is nothing YOU can do, except slowing down. And there is probably nothing I can do either...