Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
Can something like this skin be done? cost? thank you
richsapf
sorry for 1st post, I was not clear.. I sent from my phone and thought the attachment went through of what I was looking for.... But, I would like a keyboard skin that is solid black, no button lines, with blue lettering. Large lettering for keys,Arial font, color blue =green26, red26, blue255. I have a Droid 2 Global. I attached my primitive .JPEG rendition but it did not show here... I will try to attach again..I will try to make this skin myself but it will be my first project and not sure what I am doing....
Thank you for replying and bringing that to my attention...
Rich like this picture I made: BLUE ON SOLID BLACK.jpg
I would love to have a skin like this... can anyone make this? thank you Rich
FnH84
Skin like what?
meyergre
For sure, it seems easy to do. give me about half an hour
richsapf
That is so cool....thank you!.... I have pay.pal....will donate now.... the theme like hello kitty 1..no button lines but much larger letters..... thanks Rich
meyergre
Sorry for the delay, do this one correspond to what you asked ?P20110716184702.png update 2 (07/18) :
SC20110717-223448.pngI have used some of your Keyboard skins in the past. I like the combination of green, blue, black, and white. I have tried to download the program to make my own skin, but it crashes my computer. I wonder if you can make a keyboard like the attached one? I am willing to purchase it if possible. I am currently using the N1 skin. It is the nicest one out there. I have also used the chicklet versions as well. Thanks for your help. The attachment is from Ultra keyboard
You made it for sure. It looks great. If it can be made with the iphone keys or the ones you used for the N1 keyboard it would be amazing. You should place it with your list of keyboard skins for sale/download. Your work is awesome. Thanks.
meyergre
By iphone keys, you mean the shape of the key i guess ?
The second keyboard is much nicer as there is some separation in the keys in the potrait mode. I always liked the iphone keyboard as it gives the most in key separation in the potrait and landscape modes. The N1 skin was equally great as well in this manner. I type reports on my phone for work, and I find it easler to type when the keys have separation. I think the colors are great as they are not boring yet they are easy on the eyes for long periods.
CAO
Can the keyboard be made with iphone keys?
CAO
Can the keyboard be made with the iphone keys or the layout?
meyergre
Iphone skin is not made the same way, it has been written within the application's code. It's not yet possible to get the same result with a custom skin. Nevertheless, you can edit the keys height in the settings, so you gan get closer to what you want.
If you want the same graphics, try the Cupertino skin somewhere on the forum
At first, I noticed the buttons looked to be a pale blue instead of white and the background was not as blue as in the first two keyboards, but in using this one, I think the colors are better and absolutely amazing. I love the spacing on the keys. I wish I could design the keyboards like you do, but when I run the program, it crashes the computer. Maybe its a VISTA thing. In any regards, you did a great job, and I appreciate it.
meyergre
Which program are you using ?
CAO
Handcent and Docs to Go.
meyergre
CAO wrote: wish I could design the keyboards like you do, but when I run the program, it crashes the computer. Maybe its a VISTA thing
CAO wrote:Handcent and Docs to Go.
I meant to draw the pictures for the skin
CAO
When I try to download the "Android " open skin to begin, the Internet Explorer opens then immediately closes then does this repeatedly without stopping. I cannot get the computer to stop, and I have tried control, alt, and delete but to no avail. The Internet Explorer opens and closes so fast the task manager cannot keep up with it. I wish Smart Keyboard had an easier way to customize the keyboard. Ultra Keyboard is no where as good as Smart Keyboard, but one can adjust everything with regards to key colors, backgrounds and letter colors. I cannot understand why the keyboard developers have not tried to put this in the settings. The instructions for customizing Smart Keyboard is rather confusing to a person who is not computer savy. Swiftkey is the worse for lacking in customization. Perfect Keyboard is getting really good.
meyergre
If Internet Explorer become crazy, try using Firefox, Opera, Chrome, or whatever Don't forget to scan your computer with an antivirus program too
Anyway : you don't especially need the "Android" skin, you can do the same with any other one (the one a few posts ago for instance )
CAO
No luck. I downloaded Goggle Chrome and Opera, but the Internet Explorer takes over when I try to open a particular skin, and shuts the internet on and off so rapidly the computer has to be shut off. I still wish Smart Keyboard had a better way of customizing the keyboard in the settings menu like Ultra Keyboard and Perfect Keyboard does.